[CentOS] respawning apache on centos

Thu Mar 17 22:06:30 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 3/17/2011 4:55 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:

>>> Ideas? Debugging I can do?
>>
>> For one thing, I'd strongly urge you to add at least another .5G RAM, if
>> not 2.5G. Second, look at the apache configuration, and see how many
>> workers it can use - you might want to lower the limit.
>
> ok, I'll look at that

This is probably really a drupal issue.  I don't use it, but I've seen
comments about it using a lot of memory and you can probably find tips
on how to tune it.  The multiple instances of apache should mostly share
memory if the startup is smart enough to preload common data before forking.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com