[CentOS] The delays on CentOS 5.6 are causing EPEL incompatibilities

Mon Mar 21 16:00:21 UTC 2011
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:34 AM, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:
>>
>> RHEL and opensuse are different - defferent kernels, different config
>> files
>> and slightly different locations for some config files.
>>
>> It's not like one is a drop in replacement for the other, so it doesn't
>> make
>> sense to me that a business would buy RHEL support and then switch to
>> opensuse.
>
> Did you read the SUSE page?!
>
> They are offering to support the RHEL install(s) not to replace RHEL
> by SUSE, just like Oracle.

Did we read the same page? When you buy Novell (SUSE) support for RedHat
EL, you will still run your original RedHat EL installation but then
update packages rebuilt by Novell. Technically that's the same like adding
the CentOS repo config to your RedHat installation and then install all
updates from CentOS instead of RedHat. What a mess, why would anyone in
the world want this? And then pay $ for the mess...

Simon