[CentOS] task md1_resync:9770 blocked for more than 120 seconds and OOM errors

Sun Mar 20 13:26:55 UTC 2011
Markus Falb <markus.falb at fasel.at>

On 20.3.2011 13:48, Alexander Farber wrote:
> Thank you, I've decreased
> /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max
> from 200000 to 100000.
>
> I think I don't care about the sync speed,
> but I'd like to avoid the OOM errors and
> server lockup like I had yesterday

So you think the OOM was related to raid resync ?

> (still not sure if this will help here
> or if it is just to get rid of the warning)

I do not see how decreasing the speed_limit_max should avoid the
mdX_resync warnings. I would expect more of these warnings now, because
sync takes longer? And: These warnings are harmless! Just ignore it, but
you know that probably after reading bugzilla 573106

--
Best Regards, Markus Falb