[CentOS] Install on Dell PowerEdge T310

Wed Mar 23 17:56:36 UTC 2011
Dr. Ed Morbius <dredmorbius at gmail.com>

on 18:40 Wed 23 Mar, admin lewis (adminlewis at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi,
> this is the first time I install linux on a dell server. Simply I
> booted from a centos 5.5 x64 dvd but I cant see the disks.. is there
> something I miss ?
> thanks very much for any help

1: Comfirm your boot menu settings
2: Comfirm your BIOS settings (CD/DVD is active)
3: Verify your download (md5sum / sha1sum).
4: Try the DVD in another system
5: Burn and try another disk
6: Try another boot option / medium:  flash, PXE/kickstart, etc.

If you're provisioning a datacenter or multiple systems, I'd jump
straight to #6 myself.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power