[CentOS] OT LVM question

Thu Mar 24 14:06:47 UTC 2011
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

The setup is a Raid6 of 5 drives. As best I can understand, this is
basically a warning caused by Raid itself duplicating the UUID on all of
the drives, as it should. For some reason, though, LVM is now looking at
each drive in the container instead of looking at the device the Raid is
presenting to LVM.

Haven't changed anything in the conf file, but keep seeing a filter
suggestion to resolve the warning. All LVM related commands show the
same duplicate error. Don't know what changed that caused this to start
happening, and it may have been going on for some time. I just noticed
it when I needed to start investigating what might be a failing drive in
the container. It only shows up when I issue an LVS type command or
reboot. Being Centos, the reboot rarely happens.

Thanks for the reply. I know I'm not offer much help here, so sorry for
that.

steve