[CentOS] How does Linux Repair actually work

Thu Mar 24 14:35:22 UTC 2011
Brunner, Brian T. <BBrunner at gai-tronics.com>

centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
> I was hesitant to congratulate myself on restoring /boot and
> /boot/grub *if* linux-rescue had done it.  So, with the help of
> this forum I did get things back in order other than updating the
> MBR, and that was done by linux-rescue.
>
> Onward...and again, thank you.
>
> Todd
>
> P.S. I would download SL6 if it was not for the fact that I live
> out here with cows as my pets, so downloading is an all day
> affair...I have the 7 disks in hand.

You're telling me that NONE of your cows have DSL? *udder shudder*

I suppose the Library that *does* have DSL doesn't have DVD burning
capabilities for copyright reasons.
Is there a school thereabouts whose CompSci personnel would understand
(and facilitate) burning two SL6 DVDs?

>> centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
>>> Thanks to the help of folks on this forum, I now have my
>>> Centos 4 box up and working.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.

//me