[CentOS] {OT] Re: Installing IMA (Integrity Measurement Architecture) on CentOS 5.5

Thu Mar 24 19:54:08 UTC 2011
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

Dear Roth, thanks for you reply. I am your fan club member.

(Hero worshipping is not new to India : Dr. S. Chandrashekhar (Chicago
University), Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachan,
Rajnikant and the such) in a country of 1/6th earth's population.

But I am still just one.

So the opinions below are entirely mine alone.

On 3/25/11, m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Huh - it's been more than half a lifetime since I read a translation of
> the Ramayana, or maybe it was the translation, but I don't remember
> Hanuman as grammarian. <g>
>> </rant>

<rant>
Just in case from:
http://mythfolklore.net/india/encyclopedia/hanuman.htm
"Among his other accomplishments, Hanuman was a grammarian; and the
Ramayana says, “The chief of monkeys is perfect; no one equals him in
the sastras, in learning, and in ascertaining the sense of the
scriptures [or in moving at will]. In all sciences, in the rules of
austerity, he rivals the preceptor of the gods. … It is well known
that Hanuman was the ninth author of grammar.”"
</rant>

> will see within whatever's configured - 30 seconds, maybe - the other

I understand an realize what you say and have supported in the past
such "Enterprise" environment 24/7 from the pager's era from KSA to
India(circa 1987 to early 2011).

<rant>
I have very shifted to 'lowly' predictable work and family hours with
a ridiculous pay for time being as an ISP suppot professional agent of
an US corporate. (30 years including my brief stint as "TV Mechanic",
"Electronic Foremn" etc. as my floating job titles for about three
years)

It boils down to info being available to grassroot users when needed
-- by them -- an not decided by "US" syadmins and the such.

They don't mind system not being available. That gives them breathing
space. Give it to them without them feeling the guilt. afterall
unavailability is a fact of life.

Few minutes is fro them is ok. It is the PHB's perception that we have
to change. I have tried that at least. and it has helped me
remendously in properly setting expectations ot he users.
</rant>

I was also writing to ILUC recently which caused this overflow of
disgust, at it may be perceived by some members.

Apologies for any misunderstandings.

As always,  with warm regards,

Rajagopal