[CentOS] ACPI errors during bootup

Fri Mar 25 13:41:32 UTC 2011
Brunner, Brian T. <BBrunner at gai-tronics.com>

centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:

> But what could be the cause for throwing this ACPI errors?

I've had acpi errors like the ones you list, that went away when I
installed SL6.0
Before then I had to boot acpi=off.  Your board is not SMP and does not
support ACPI.

>> following errors were shown up(highlighted in bold & red color)

Since my mail reader translated HTML to plain text, I see nothing in
bold nor in red.
Generally, people on mailing lists prefer plain text to HTML mail.

>> Using APIC driver default
>> ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP

Put 'acpi=off' in the boot line since your hardware has no ACPI.

>> 20000000:dff00000) Detected 1000.103 MHz Celeron processor.
>> switching to UP code

You don't need an SMP kernel, you have 1 CPU with 1 core only.

>> PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:02.0. Please
>> try using pci=biosirq.
>> PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03.0. Please
>> try using pci=biosirq.

There's a suggestion I'd follow: boot line should have acpi=off
pci=biosirq

Since you're building your own kernel, you can switch off SMP and ACPI.
Likely APIC and IO_APIC also.
Since you have only 1/2GB RAM, I'd switch off things I wasn't going to
use.

--
Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.

//me