[CentOS] rssh / scponly

Sun Mar 27 21:27:33 UTC 2011
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

> If you use sftp, it can be chroot'ed by default (see man-page).
> (In reasonably recent version of sshd)

I gather thats a sshd somewhat newer than the one included in CentOS 5
?  the only mention of chroot in man sshd is the /var/empty/sshd dir
used during preauthorization.

I'd be very cautious on setting this up, or you could easily lose access
to ssh shell sessions since ssh/scp/sftp are all so tightly coupled.

Thank you for your post, I have sure not been able to find the
appropriate references in the man pages.  I am running Centos 5.5

I did try putting a copy of /etc/ssh/ssh_config
as /home/user/.ssh/config

with the addition of :

Subsystem       sftp    internal-sftp

Match User ftp