[CentOS] cobbler installation of CentOS-5.5

Mon Mar 28 15:36:24 UTC 2011
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 28.03.2011 um 16:49 schrieb Timothy Murphy:

> I'm trying to install CentOS-5.5 on my new HP micro-server,
> which has no CD drive.
>
> I've set up cobbler and cobbler-web on my old server,
> and can access cobbler-web from my laptop.
>
> I have 3 queries about the installation.
>
> 1. Is there any advantage is using the 64-bit CentOS
> rather than 32-bit?

I'd use 32bit if you are sure you are never going to use more than 2GB
RAM.
Ever.

> 2. The CentOS OS seems to be available in 7 or 8 CDs.
> (I tried downloading the DVD ISO with ktorrent,
> but this was a complete failure.

I don't know what you did, but when I downloaded  the torrent, it
created only a handful of files.
The DVD ISOs are available on my local mirror, so they should be
elsewhere, too.

> It started OK, but then created literally thousands of links
> to one file, which brought my server down,
> and left it in a state which was quite hard to clean up.)
>
> But how exactly do I "cobbler import" these?
> I see that for Fedora on my laptop I ran
>    sudo cobbler import --path=/mnt/dvd --name=F14-i386

Download the DVDs and import them.