[CentOS] cobbler installation of CentOS-5.5

Mon Mar 28 17:22:13 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Ray Van Dolson wrote:
>
> > Why not use the netinstall ISO rather than download everything?
>
> How exactly do I do this?
> I guess I could install it on a USB stick,
> and boot that on my new server.

Actually, since you have already downloaded the 7 or 8 CDs, everything
you need is on the first CD (it actually contains a copy of netinstall
ISO).  Look in the images folder and read the README there.  There is a
disk image that can be copied to USB stick. Presumably you have some
other Linux machine on your LAN that can act as a NFS server -- in
which case you just need to put the CD ISOs in some directory and
export it read-only, after making sure NFSD is enabled and running
(portmap, mountd, nftd, lockd, etc.).  Otherwise, the installer can
just ftp the rpms one by one off the internet as it goes through the
install.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com