[CentOS] VMware vSphere Hypervisor (free ESXi) and mdraid

Tue Mar 29 12:29:57 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 3/29/11 5:12 AM, Jussi Hirvi wrote:

> On 29.3.2011 11.58, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
>> ESXi itself is the OS. No need Centos anymore to install it.
>> (if I'm getting what you mean correctly ^^)
>
> I know I don't need CentOS to install ESXi. I was thinking of having
> everything (or at least the guests) on mdraid level1. Maybe hardware
> raid would be the only way to get raid.

Hardware raid is the easy way to go.  But, you should be able to add virtual
disks to a guest from ESXi from 2 different physical drives, then let the guest
run software raid over them.  The guest doesn't know the disks are virtual and
will do about anything it could do on its own physical machine.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com