[CentOS] community communication

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Tue May 3 16:56:36 UTC 2011

Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at ...> writes:

> On 05/03/2011 07:57 AM, Steve Castellotti wrote:
> >
> > /"We should have news, along with a release plan, for CentOS-6 in the
> > next few days"/
>
> There is a plan, of sorts. I wanted to make sure the QA guys had a few
> days to mull it over before making it public. And then there was the
> rather nice and long holiday weekends here in the UK. 10th is the first
> target, with a release couple of weeks later. We have a potential
> release date to work against from there on.
>
> - KB

Thank you, KB.  I think that this sort of "back of the envelop" estimate is all
quite a few of us have been asking for.  We know it's not written in stone and
any hard deadline planning that relies on it is a fool's errand.  On the other
hand, it gives us a "it probably won't happen sooner than" date to work with.

Any chance you can throw one of these out say once a week?  DO NOT spend more
than one minute longer than just typing the e-mail to come up with the estimate.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Dave