[CentOS] Audio/video recording software

Marko Vojinovic

vvmarko at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:14:59 UTC 2011

Hi everyone! :-)

I am supposed to get (for the first time) into the world of making youtube
clips. I have a webcam, a microphone and a big hard drive configured and ready.
The question is: what would you suggest as an easy-to-use yum-installable app
that could handle a couple of minutes/hours of recording?

People who are about to use it are complete noobs, and I would like to give
them a user interface of type "start the program, press record, talk for a
while, press stop, press save, quit the program". That is, if something like
that exists for CentOS (version 5.6, if it matters).

I don't mind proprietary/patented/nonfree A/V formats, codecs and stuff.
Anything goes, of a typical amateur youtube quality. I just need something
that generates video clips in the simplest way possible.

Any recommendations?

TIA, :-)
Marko