[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Tom H

tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 19:04:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 01:34:54PM -0400, Tom H wrote:
>>
>> If CentOS had a communication policy, it could spare itself these
>> types of articles...
>
> No.  These types of articles will continue to appear whether there is a
> communications "policy" or not.  However having someone actually posting
> updates once in a while _would_ be a good thing.  And preferably someone
> that doesn't favor one avenue (forums) over another (this list).

I'm cleaning up my inbox and found this reply (that I somehow missed earlier).

I'm sorry about the lateness of the reply but felt that I should
clarify a misunderstanding.

By "communication policy," I don't mean giving updates of the progress
of an upcoming release (especially given Karanbir's explanation of the
difficulty in estimating the completion point); I mean not telling
people "if you're unhappy, use another distribution" or making similar
types of comments and creating problems for themselves (like the
negative article posted in this thread) and those who promote their
distribution (I have two companies where I consult in which the IT
managers have asked me to switch to Debian).