[CentOS] dovecot sieve rpm?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon May 9 08:44:24 UTC 2011

Dunc wrote:
> On 09/05/2011 05:32, David Mehler wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Does anyone have a repo or have a dovecot 1.2 and dovecot sieve rpm,
>> also a postfix 2.5 or 2.6 rpm? I saw some on a repo called atrpms, but
>> it has dependency issues, and I read that that repo is dangerous.
>> Thanks.
>> Dave.

Both ATrpms and previously RPMForge could *potentially* be dangerous to
servers if you are not careful. If you upgrade with third party repo and
it overwrites some of the base packages, and then you need to downgrade
for what ever reason, you could end up in lot of trouble.

I either have them installed but disabled, or enabled with priority
plugin set so I can only pull packages that will not overwrite packages
from base,extras,epel, repositories. RPMForge did a change recently to
split single repository to repository that changes base packages and to
one that is safe. I like that very much. I hope all other third party
repositories follow. For now I created my own local repository with
carefully selected packages and some that I recompiled my self.

Ljubomir