[CentOS] ipv6 to ipv4 tunnel private replies requested

David Hrbáč david-lists at hrbac.cz
Wed May 11 06:40:58 UTC 2011

Dne 11.5.2011 2:15, David Mehler napsal(a):
> Hello,
> I am afraid a comment in my last message was misinterpreted. I
> previously had this configuration, linux and ipv6 tunnel through a
> tunnel broker. It was on a Ubuntu 9.10 box that a friend of mine set
> up. That box has been retired and replaced with CentOS 5.6. I am now
> trying to get the tunnel broker working with the centos box, and
> having many frustrations with it. I do have the ubuntu network files
> from backup, but I to date have not been able to make them work,
> settings wise, with the way centos does networking, I would almost say
> forget the backup files just take the numbers out of them. I
> appreciate any help. Again, private replies please.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

David,
I'm not running SixXS tunnel on CentOS right now. I'm planning to have
some. Right now I have one tunnel on OpenWRT and I'm using this script.
Regards,
DH

ip tunnel add sixbone mode sit remote ipv.addreess.of.sixxsendpoit
ip link set sixbone up
ip addr add ipv6:address:of:tunnel::2/64 dev sixbone
ip route add default via ipv6:address:of:tunnel::1
ip link set mtu 1280 dev sixbone
ip tunnel change sixbone ttl 64