[CentOS] ApacheDS vs OpenLDAP

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:22:38 UTC 2011

On 5/13/2011 12:28 PM, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:

> No, but after reading your post I checked it.
>
> Looks cool, Java based which seems the in thing, I like it.
>
> But, and not to sound lamerz; the Sun sponsor turned me off.

Sun or the fact that they are gone now?  And where are you seeing this?

> At this stage in my career and life. I look at these feeble attempts
> by large virus like organizations to say "hey look world, we encourage
> free and open... " like Microsoft making a big deal about donating
> $100K to the Apache Foundation.

I don't understand.  Sun contributed more lines of code to open source
than any other single entity.  We wouldn't have NFS, java, OpenOffice,
zfs, or a bunch of other stuff without them and the fact that the code
is still open and available after the company's demise and Oracle's
mishandling of most of it shows there was nothing feeble about it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com