[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun May 15 08:11:18 UTC 2011

On 05/12/2011 02:05 AM, Ron Blizzard wrote:
> But at that time there should only be one point release on the table,
> instead of two point releases and one major release. Is everyone
> forgetting that 4.9, 5.6 and 6.0 were all out at the same time?

As far as users know, all work on 6.0 was postponed to get 5.6 done.  At
the time of 5.6's release, it was the only release the team was working
on.  Work on 5 should have been something the team was quite familiar
with by that time.  If 5.6 took 3 months to finish, then Dag's question
is quite fair: why would we expect 6.1 to take so much less time?