[CentOS] Problem Making Tarballs

John J. Boyer

john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Mon May 16 04:32:24 UTC 2011

I have a CentOS virtual private server from 1and1.com If I checkout or
pull something from a repository, it will contain an autogen.sh file
Running this and then configure seems to work. However, when I run make
I get a lot of error messages from libtool saying that such and such a
command could not be found on some line or that there is a syntax error.
This happens even with the latest updates. Several people have been
unable to help. What is the problem, and what should I do about it?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com