[CentOS] Nokia Cellphone and VMWare

RoMueller at atronic.com

Mon May 16 07:46:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've connected a Nokia 6310i Cellphone via the USB Port to an ESXi 4.1
Host and added it to a CentOS 5.6 64Bit server. The problem is, that I
wont get an suitable tty device (/dev/ttyACM0) like I get when I use
Debian.. here is the output of the log files:

dmesg:
usbcore: registered new driver rndis_host
usbcore: registered new driver cdc_acm
drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c: v0.25:USB Abstract Control Model driver for
USB modems and ISDN adapters

lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0421:0359 Nokia Mobile Phones
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I will need the phone to send SMS (Nagios).

Can someone help me to get this thing running?

Thx
Robert