[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon May 16 09:35:36 UTC 2011

On 05/16/2011 02:44 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> 2 months elapsed from release of 6.0 before 5.6 and more than another month before 4.9
>>>
>>> Hardly qualifies at the same time unless you consider 3 months to be essentially the same time.
>>
>> The ZERO release is always going to take longer than the others.
>
> Past numbers debunks this myth:
>
>      CentOS 4.0 took 23 days
>
>      CentOS 5.0 took 28 days
>
>      CentOS 6.0 is not released after 6 months.
>
> While eg.
>
>      CentOS 4.8 took 3 months
>
>      CentOS 5.6 took 3 months
>
> See also:
>
>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS

Yes, and I told you why that is ... upstream had good beta/rc programs
for those c4.0 and c5.0.  The releases were built entirely on the beta's
... the build environment was good.

For 3.0 and 6.0, we had to invent a new build system and had to host it
on a different OS.  They did not build it on the beta/rc.

It will be released when it is released, if you don't like it then leave.