[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com
Mon May 16 20:59:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Janne TH. Nyman <jnyman at jbtec.org> wrote:
> Who cares? I find it amazing that these guys still keep on building and
> providing considering how their "users" treat them.
>
> Team CentOS, keep your heads up. For me, you are still the best thing
> that happened since sliced bread.
>
> Come on, community, where is your love?
>
> My 2 pence,
>
> Janne "Janski" AKA JNixus Nyman
> Founder of Newman IT Solutions Ltd

These kind of ass-kissing posts are even worse than the flame wars.
The flame wars at least usually start with some sort of reasonable
criticism of the project, and have the *potential* to result in a
discussion that ultimately improves the project.  Ass kissing never
has the potential to improve the project.

Flame wars only start once Johnny or some sycophant tells everyone to
fuck off, thereby derailing any potential for a constructive
discussion.  At that point you're left with lots of very smart, very
angry people who feel like they wasted their time promoting and using
CentOS.

// Brian Mathis