[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:48:42 UTC 2011

On 5/23/11 4:44 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> The "community" does many, many things for CentOS.

And some of those things could probably be better too, but...

> We never said, anywhere, that the community would build the packages,
> nor did we say we would teach people how to make the distribution ...

[...]
Why not just cut to the chase here and get to what could possibly be done to
make this happen faster?

> It does not now, nor did it ever say, that a CentOS goal was to teach
> anyone how "to produce" anything.

Community effort or not, it did once seem like you had goals for timeliness as
well.  Are you happy with the current situation?  If more community
participation is off the table, what else could help?

---
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com