[CentOS] scheduling differences between CentOS 4 and CentOS 5?

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Tue May 24 03:23:37 UTC 2011

I would like to confirm Matt's claim. I too experienced larger
latencies with Centos 5.x compared to 4.x. My application is very
network sensitive and its easy to prove using lat_tcp.

Russ,
I am curious about identifying the problem. What tools do you
recommend to find where the latency is coming from in the application?