[CentOS] SSD for Centos SWAP /tmp & /var/ partition

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri May 27 06:59:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> So having SSD in laptop (if they are unreliable) is not much of an
> option, unless I am going to carry duplicate HDD/SSD just in case this
> one crashes.

I'd argue that's just one of the risks you run with a laptop.  In a laptop
you've typically got one battery, one charger, one screen, one disk (SSD or
not), a less reliable DVD drive.  I'm just not convinced SSDs are the pit of
doom you seem to think they are.  I'd personally guess that coffee is a bigger
threat to travelling laptops than SSD failures.

jh