[CentOS] calendar

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:48:15 UTC 2011

On 5/26/2011 4:21 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>> 	1) see if your boss has a problem with you having to remember to
>> update thunderbird from the i386 updates directory.
>> 	2) see if you could (gently) convince the centos guys to put it
>> also in one of the centosplus or extras x86_64 portions of the repo. [I
> <snip>
> Would be nice. Trouble is, we've got what, 60? 70? people in the division
> who have Linux workstations, and then rolling it all out, and no one wants
> to deal with 32-bit apps on 64 bit systems (we won't mention
> npviewer<segv><segv<segv>)....
>
> Lightening and lightening-exchange looked really good....

If you are using Centos as a desktop, you'll probably want to upgrade to
6.0 at the first opportunity which should get you up to T-bird 3.1.x
with a matching thunderbird-ligntening in EPEL.  Still need the exchange
connector, though.

I've come to prefer an android phone for reading the calendar and
getting notifications, though - and I normally have a laptop with
outlook on my desk. And I could probably live with that or the web
interface to create new entries.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com