[CentOS] OT: Why VM?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon May 30 15:56:22 UTC 2011

James B. Byrne wrote:
> Thank you all for a most enlightening discussion.  I had not
> considered using multiple VMs running on a central host to emulate
> desktop workstations.  This application may be of considerable
> benefit to us as we are constrained by our federal government to use
> a Java based web app written so that it can only use the MicroSoft
> Java VM, since discontinued.
>
> Many of the other points made respecting VM employment were useful
> to discover as well.

There was an patch to Terminal services for XP that allowed XP (Pro?) to
accept more then 2 Remote desktop connections at the same time.
http://www.kood.org/terminal-server-patch-21/

They used dll from beta version that allowed multiple connections. I
guess you will not be able to use it (government, legal stuff and all),
but if someone doesn't not have that problem, he could use it to run one
XP instance on the server to allow multiple users to work on it.

Ljubomir