[CentOS] allowing users to write to a web content area

Mon May 16 03:19:49 UTC 2011
David Mehler <dave.mehler at gmail.com>

Hello,
I've got apache running on a centos 5.6 machine. All of my users have
a umask of 077 set in /etc/bashrc. I'm now wanting to give several of
them permission to write to a web area so they can place content
visible to the web server. I've got two groups webdev1 and webdev2
which I want one to be able to write to site1 and the other to site2.
I've got between 3 and 5 users in each group. I'd prefer not to mess
with these users umask settings, but want the correct permissions and
ownerships user:webdev1 or user:webdev2 where user is the username of
the person who placed the file. Permissions I believe should be 664 so
apache can read the files.

I'm wondering if I need to look in to ACLS which I've not used or if
there's another solution?

Thanks.
Dave.