[CentOS] Keep CentOS 5.5 from upgrading?

Sun May 22 14:22:24 UTC 2011
Mailing List <mail_list at woh.rr.com>

    Thanks,

      I'm trying to keep CentOS 5.5 from upgrading to 5.6 because of my
issue with the time sync. I thought I had it figured out till today. I
have tried google for help but with no luck.  Can someone point me to a
page or link that will give me a good idea as to how to stop the upgrade
but still allow me to update my 5.5 packages?

   This is what I tried, that is not working now.

I edited "/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo"  to look as such.

<snip>
[base]
name=CentOS-5.5 - Base
## name=CentOS-5.5 - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5.5&arch=$basearch&repo=os
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=1
</snip>

      Brian.