[CentOS] local repo

Fri May 27 15:22:18 UTC 2011
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

Hi all,

When I am installing I use kickstart and have a line like:
    repo --name=Updates
--baseurl=http://192.168.1.14/centos/5.6/updates/x86_64/
and that works great for installing the OS.

After that the machine reboots and I have it automatically go into
additional installations running scripts.
These installations do "yum install XXX".
However, its no longer using my above repo its using the mirrorlist (as
expected).

My questions are :

1) I dont see a way in yum to say "use this repo to install", is there a
way to point to my server in the office
and dont do the mirrorlist.

2) Do I just drop a file called CentOS-office in the /etc/yum.repos.d
directory
that looks like this and it will be used first instead of the mirrorlist:

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://192.168.1.14/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
#baseurl=http://192.168.1.14/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

#released updates
[updates]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
mirrorlist=http://192.168.1.14/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=updates
#baseurl=http://192.168.1.14/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

I dont want to mess anything up and I want additional package installs
in the office to go faster
in the office. I can remove the file when I am done installing.

Is there a better way or is this the way to do it?

jerry