[CentOS] Centos as Gateway ? (Router/transparent proxy)

Mon May 2 22:42:51 UTC 2011
Spiro Harvey <spiro at knossos.net.nz>

On Mon, 2 May 2011 14:19:13 -0700
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 3. Irrespective of cost, sometimes heavy downloading can eat into a
> > connection's bandwidth and kill the connection for everyone else. In
> > fact, upgrading to a flat rate plan encourages this kind of
> > behaviour more.
> If the ISP offer's "flat rate" or "capped flat rate" services and
> can't handle the load, that's their problem, not ours. It just means
> they didn't do their infrastructure capacity planning properly.

I meant everyone else on that one connection, not the ISPs other
customers. If you have a 3Mbit link, you are restricted to 3Mbit
bandwidth. If someone is downloading hell for leather, then this will
affect everyone else sharing that connection.

--
Spiro Harvey                           Knossos Networks Ltd
(04) 460-2531 : (021) 295-1923          www.knossos.net.nz