[CentOS] LDAPs causing System Message Bus to hang when there's no network

Tue May 3 17:43:42 UTC 2011
aurfalien at gmail.com <aurfalien at gmail.com>

On May 3, 2011, at 4:52 AM, John Hodrien wrote:

> On Tue, 3 May 2011, Mattias Geniar wrote:
>
>> Understandable, but since a lot of people are still going to stick
>> with
>> CentOS 4/5 for legacy reasons, I would argue that nss_ldap is still
>> worth "fixing".
>
> I'm not saying it's not worth fixing, I suspect it's fundamentally
> unfixable
> without a complete redesign.
>
>> It's not as fancy as sssd of course, but it's what people are using
>> right now. :-)
>
> sssd answers a lot of these questions.  It's definitely not a perfect
> replacement yet, but it's going in the right direction if you ask me.

So whats the answer today for ~10K users?

The bug fixes suggested here work around the problems I have been
encountering.

Can any one comment on what ppl are using for larger deployments?  I
hope its not a resounding M$ AD?!

- aurf