[CentOS] since CentOS 5.6 upgrade, squid crashes

Wed May 4 07:12:57 UTC 2011
Laurent CREPET <lct at megrapet.fr>

On Tue, 03 May 2011 08:48:46 -0500
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> I do not see anything listed in the upsteam bugzilla concerning squid
> and EL5.6 ... anyone else have this issue?

I also checked... nothing related to squid crash after upgrading to 5.6.

squid logs are rotated on a weekly basis, so it seems that squid crashes once a week here.

In the "default" setup, squid is accessing directly to its log files. As a workaround, I can probably switch to syslog, so squid would be tolerant to logrotate (and not concerned about).

Laurent.

--
Laurent CREPET <lct at megrapet.fr>