[CentOS] Audio/video recording software

Thu May 5 10:52:59 UTC 2011
Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com>

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 09:14, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone! :-)
>
> The question is: what would you suggest as an easy-to-use yum-installable app
> that could handle a couple of minutes/hours of recording?
>
> People who are about to use it are complete noobs, and I would like to give
> them a user interface of type "start the program, press record, talk for a
> while, press stop, press save, quit the program". That is, if something like
> that exists for CentOS (version 5.6, if it matters).

If your clips are the computer lesson or software demo style,
"recordmydesktop" is as noob-proof as you can get. Regarding how to
shoot talking heads, I'd envision recording a webcam window, probably
contrived but feasible. Mixing other recorded material in would be
possible too.

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue