[CentOS] since CentOS 5.6 upgrade, squid crashes

Fri May 6 09:06:18 UTC 2011
Laurent CREPET <lct at megrapet.fr>

On Wed, 4 May 2011 16:33:21 +0200
Philippe Naudin <philippe.naudin at supagro.inra.fr> wrote:
> Not sure it is working : logrotate -d is debug mode, it actually does
> nothing. You have to try again without -d to check if it works. Don't
> forget to check the content of /var/log/squid/ (file size, date and
> time) for the result.

I have run the following commands:
logrotate -d -v -f /etc/logrotate.d/squid
logrotate -v -f /etc/logrotate.d/squid
/usr/sbin/squid -k rotate

After each one, "service squid status" was returning squid's pid. squid's logs were normal.

squid's logs are rotated on a weekly basis by logrorate. squid crashed 2 times, with one week between.

Now, I have switched to daily/rotate 15, and squid did not crash since the change (2 days ago).

Laurent.

--
Laurent CREPET <lct at megrapet.fr>