[CentOS] How to copy a system?

Fri May 6 10:41:53 UTC 2011
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Les Mikesell wrote:

> That's what clonezilla is all about.  And it is released frequently on
> both debian and ubuntu (the 'alternative' version) live bases so it has
> pretty good hardware handling.

I did look at clonezilla, briefly, but had to discard the idea,
as my setup violated two of its rules:

# The destination partition must be equal or larger than the source one.

In my case the / partition on machine A is larger than the disk
on machine B.

# The partition to be imaged or cloned has to be unmounted.

I can't stop machine A, as the partition table has been destroyed
and it would not re-boot.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net