[CentOS] centos friends?

Fri May 6 22:41:04 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 07:05 PM, fred smith wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 04:54:39PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 05/06/2011 04:49 PM, Kevin Thorpe wrote:
>>>      http://centospubcrawl.eventbrite.com/ if you havent seen it already.
> Unfortunately, it's a bit of a swim from North America,... while I
> wasn't directly invited, I nevertheless won't be able to make it.
> I'd also dearly love a Centos shirt,... do similar events ever
> occur in or around Boston?

Its a case of getting together a few people and organising it. There are
a few open source events that take place in the Boston area - how about
starting with identifying one open source friendly event, apply for a
centos table / booth there - find a few people to man it, and we can try
to get some stuff like T-Shirts etc over there.

Stephen Cox is working on a generic format for something that people can
take away and use as a template for organising and managing such a
'presence'.  But he is based in South Africa, and they seem to not have
a lot of such events there - how about you guys drop in onto the
centos-promo list, and maybe we can all jump start something. The CentOS
Promo team has been very active in Europe, but pretty much everywhere
else its been a blank slate. Would be awesome to kickstart localised
efforts around the world.

- KB