[CentOS] SSH using Keys, no password and SFTP?

Sun May 8 17:45:53 UTC 2011
Devin Reade <gdr at gno.org>

Devin Reade <gdr at gno.org> wrote:

> Jason <slackmoehrle.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What I dont understand is how SFTP would work them. I dont see any settings in my FTP clients to use SFTP without providing a password.

'course, I may have jumped the gun on my comments.  I'm also assuming a
sane sftp client.  Certainly the (standard/portable) OpenSSH sftp
implementation doesn't need it.  If your sftp client doesn't have any
way to identify the key store, then it might not be able to handle it.
(On UNIX/Mac, it may be implicit on where it finds the keys.  I don't
know about arbitrary Windows clients)

Devin