[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Thu May 12 16:53:22 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/12/2011 10:09 AM, Craig White wrote:

>>> Why? seems like a valid point to me.
>>
>> But at that time there should only be one point release on the table,
>> instead of two point releases and one major release. Is everyone
>> forgetting that 4.9, 5.6 and 6.0 were all out at the same time?
> ----
> I think you are confusing overlap with simultaneous.
>
>  • 2011-02-16: Distribution Release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.9
>  • 2011-01-13: Distribution Release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6
>  • 2010-11-10: Distribution Release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
>
> 2 months elapsed from release of 6.0 before 5.6 and more than another month before 4.9
>
> Hardly qualifies at the same time unless you consider 3 months to be essentially the same time.

OH, and most people take off Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's day
vacations, so the release of 5.6 and 6.0 are very close when you take
into account that usually most people take off 2-4 weeks of the time
between Mid November and the first week in January.