[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Mon May 16 07:44:31 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Thu, 12 May 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On 05/12/2011 10:09 AM, Craig White wrote:

>>> But at that time there should only be one point release on the table,
>>> instead of two point releases and one major release. Is everyone
>>> forgetting that 4.9, 5.6 and 6.0 were all out at the same time?
>>
>> 2 months elapsed from release of 6.0 before 5.6 and more than another month before 4.9
>>
>> Hardly qualifies at the same time unless you consider 3 months to be essentially the same time.
>
> The ZERO release is always going to take longer than the others.

Past numbers debunks this myth:

     CentOS 4.0 took 23 days

     CentOS 5.0 took 28 days

     CentOS 6.0 is not released after 6 months.

While eg.

     CentOS 4.8 took 3 months

     CentOS 5.6 took 3 months

See also: