[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Mon May 16 21:11:23 UTC 2011
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Brian Mathis

> These kind of ass-kissing posts are even worse than the flame wars.
> The flame wars at least usually start with some sort of reasonable
> criticism of the project, and have the *potential* to result in a
> discussion that ultimately improves the project.  Ass kissing never
> has the potential to improve the project.
>
> Flame wars only start once Johnny or some sycophant tells everyone to
> fuck off, thereby derailing any potential for a constructive
> discussion.  At that point you're left with lots of very smart, very
> angry people who feel like they wasted their time promoting and using
> CentOS.

Give me a break. Any human being, who's been working his ass off for
nearly seven months to get out three separate releases of CentOS,
would lose patience when all that comes from the sidelines is the
constant drip, drip, drip of unending whining from a few
repeat-o-matic cranks. I've basically ignored this mailing list for
months because of it -- and have just recently come back to read it,
and I'm already fed up with it. How the developers have put up with it
for months, I have no idea.

And, as for "ass-kissing" (as you so politely put it), I use and
*like* CentOS and am grateful for all the work the developers put into
it. And, especially since the ungrateful whiners can only bitch and
bitch and bitch, I think every now and then the developers need to
hear that there are those who appreciate their work.

As I've told Les, if you know so much better how to do this, why don't
you rebuild your own Red Hat distribution? So much easier to "do it"
when you're not actually "doing it," isn't it?

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6