[CentOS] Perhaps an interesting development....

Tue May 17 00:21:36 UTC 2011
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> Well, not to take away too much from the tinderbox, but I'd like to point everyone's attention to:
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/microsofts-open-source-love-expands-centos-li
>
> Headline:
> "Microsoft's open source love-in expands with CentOS Linux support"
>
> Short version: Microsoft now supports CentOS officially in Hyper-V.

I wouldn't say it has anything with a "love-in" for open source, it's
bowing to reality. CentOS is one of the biggest Web Server OSes and
Microsoft was probably failing to gain market from VMWare because they
didn't support CentOS. They also probably think it's a way to harm Red
Hat. We'll see how it works out for them.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6