[CentOS] xferlog not rotating.

Fri May 20 15:16:46 UTC 2011
Patricia A Moss <pmoss4 at csc.com>

>The configuration for xferlog is in /etc/logrotate.d/vsftpd.log:
>
>/var/log/xferlog {
>     # ftpd doesn't handle SIGHUP properly
>     nocompress
>     missingok
>}
>
>What do you have?

I have the same:
/var/log/xferlog {
    # ftpd doesn't handle SIGHUP properly
    nocompress
    missingok
}

PATI MOSS
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC

From:
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>
To:
<centos at centos.org>
Date:
05/20/2011 10:58 AM
Re: [CentOS] xferlog not rotating.

Patricia A Moss wrote on 05/20/2011 09:25 AM:

> I am not sure how to correctly troubleshoot this. I just noticed that my
> /var/log/xferlog file is huge. There are no files in /etc/logrotate.d/
> for xferlog. This is what leads me to believe that it isnot rotating. Or
> perhaps I do not have it set to rotate. I am not sure.
>
> I am running CentOS release 5 (Final).

The current release has "CentOS release 5.6 (Final)" in
/etc/redhat-release.  If you are running "5" then you may be seriously
behind on updates.

> Can someone tell me what I, apparently, do not have configured
> correctly. Thank you.

The configuration for xferlog is in /etc/logrotate.d/vsftpd.log:

/var/log/xferlog {
     # ftpd doesn't handle SIGHUP properly
     nocompress
     missingok