[CentOS] Web based file versioning frontend

Fri May 20 20:00:50 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 5/20/11 1:16 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> Git and Gitweb?
>
> Thought of that, is there anything that can monitor for changes so I can
> avoid a commit command for every script, as they all dump to an already
> well organized tree, I was hoping to monitor the top level dir for changes
> and have it commit as they appear.
>
> Something like that exist?

It seems like you are approaching this backwards - whatever originates the
changes should commit, and perhaps replace the rsyncs with updates at the other
location(s).   But, if you use subversion, it is smart enough to only commit
actual differences so it wouldn't hurt to just schedule a fairly frequent commit
at the top level.  If nothing changed, the commit has no effect.  The down side
is that subversion wants a complete hidden copy under .svn in every subdirectory
so the client can detect changes without contacting the repository.  Viewvc is a
good web server companion for subversion to easily browse revisions and do
color-coded diffs.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com