[CentOS] SSD for Centos SWAP /tmp & /var/ partition

Sat May 21 06:56:00 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Sat, 21 May 2011, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] SSD for Centos SWAP /tmp & /var/ partition
>
> 2011/5/20 Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>:
>> Has anyone actually used a SSD in a Centos setup?
>
> Yes.
>

>> I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to use a new SSD
>> for moving all the disk i/o to, that Linux likes to do so
>> often. Plus putting SWAP onto a decent SSD should speed
>> things up somewhat.
>
> Just buy fastest ocz drive than you can find from stores.
>

>> Here's a short video of a laptop fitted with a SSD drive
>> booting macOS, compared to a similar laptop booting from
>> the standard HDD.
>>
>> The laptop with the SSD boots and loads some apps in 28
>> seconds. The other one takes twice as long.
>
> So, slow? My macbook pro with ocz ssd boots much faster :)

Thanks for your reply Eero.

Do you have a link to the specs for your exact OCZ SSD model
please, so I can take a look and compare it with the OWC
drives? What size is the SDD in GB?

Regards,

Keith

Websites: