[CentOS] SSD for Centos SWAP /tmp & /var/ partition

Sun May 22 07:50:28 UTC 2011
yonatan pingle <yonatan.pingle at gmail.com>

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Steven Crothers
<steven.crothers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 6:29 PM, yonatan pingle
> <yonatan.pingle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> if you use the SSD for swap, don't put anything important on them, I
>> have managed to destroy a drive which was used for heavy swap
>> operations.
>> (insane experiment with KVM virtual machines got to that situation ).
>> the machines used the drive as RAM. ( that was an intel drive! ).
>
> I have to ask, how was your performance before death? I don't have a
> sacrificial SSD laying around so I can't exactly test myself. I
> imagine the gains had to be pretty high?
>
> Were you running a 3 or 6 gbps sata bus?
>
> --
> Steven Crothers
> steven.crothers at gmail.com

I was running on 3gbps sata bus, and the  performance was great, it
just dies in one big crash without  giving any clues about it.

--
Best Regards,
Yonatan Pingle