[CentOS] [Thread Cop] [was: Re: OT: wifi, phone, power in India and Malaysia]

Tue May 24 12:42:20 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 07:18:14AM -0400, ken wrote:

> Which is why it was labeled off-topic (OT:).  Difficult to understand?

Topical mailing list for topics regarding the CentOS enterprise Linux
distribution.  At first glance that seems pretty straight forward and
simple to grasp.  Second and third glances as well.

Perhaps you'd like to review the Guidelines for CentOS Mailing Lists page
located at http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16 -
specifically the reference on that page that describes this mailing
list.

> Alternatively, there are a variety of ways to filter mail by the
> contents of the Subject line (and other parameters) programmatically.
> Do this and you'd never have to see an "OT:" labeled message again in
> your entire life.

Alternatively there are google, yahoo, baidu and many other search
engines to locate a more appropriate list for your postings in the
future.

> Finally, I'd suggest a list convention whereby if someone wishes to
> discuss/dispute tangential issues of this kind, they should prepend the
> words "[Thread Cop]" to the Subject line.

Even easier... Stay on topic.

						John
--
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price,
peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft

-- Teddy Roosevelt