[CentOS] CentOS 5.6 PHP 5.3 and SquirrelMail

Tue May 24 21:41:17 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 01:00:01PM -0400, John Hinton wrote:
> OK, so I did an upgrade to PHP 5.3 on one of my servers. I noticed the
> uninstall of php also removed SquirrelMail and it won't install under
> PHP 5.3. Has anybody worked this out with a good RPM or repo solution?

Dump the CentOS php53 package and use the 5.3 provided by the IUS
repository.  See http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories
for more information and links to IUS.

CentOS' 5.3 doesn't Provide: php and has some other issues the last time
I looked.

							John
--
A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.

-- Henry Brooks Adams (1838-1918), US historian, journalist, novelist,
   and educator, The Education of Henry Adams, Ch 20 (1907)