[CentOS] CentOS 5.6 PHP 5.3 and SquirrelMail

Wed May 25 12:09:51 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 01:11:57PM +0200, Rainer Traut wrote:

> Could you elaborate what "other issues" it has?

Doesn't Provide: php / php-common
Lack of native mcrypt support
I think there were problems with mbstring early on that may have been resolved.

Perhaps others that I am not thinking of at the moment.

The big issue is that it provides php53/php53-common and not
php/php-common: this will prevent packages such as, for example, squirrelmail
from installing and will have similar impact on packages from outside
repos.

							John

--
Anybody can win unless there happens to be a second entry.

-- George Ade (1866 - 1944), American writer, newspaper columnist,
   and playwright